Today into next week the weather is forecasted to be cold- and maybe some snow on Monday? While you try to keep warm with your Valentine this weekend- Please remember to Protect your home!
If the temperature dips below 32° F or less, there are steps you can take to minimize the risk of frozen pipes which are located in un-heated or un-insulated spaces. The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety recommends:
- Turn both hot and cold faucets just enough to drip a small amount of water.
- Open cabinet and closet doors.
- Use a fan to increase warm air circulation around the water pipes.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, be careful to set the temperature high enough for continuing warmth, especially if you’re on a winter vacation.
- The best solution to preventing frozen pipes while you’re away from home is to drain the water system. You can also do this for overnight freezing temperatures.
Remember the 4 P's: Pets, People, Pipes, and Plants!
Have a Happy Valentine's Day and Happy President's Day!