Before every productive day there is a plan, and before every effective plan there is a planning session. Those who wish to get more from their days therefore need to hold an effective and quick planning session every day in order to maximizes their day’s activities.
Planning out a day can be a simple task when done correctly. Some of the things that a person who is planning out their day should strive to remember and include in their daily planning sessions consist of the following:
- List out activities or duties that must be accomplished throughout the day that one is planning for.
- Rank these activities by importance and prioritize those activities so that one can know which undertakings are the most important to accomplish.
- Organize the above activities by priority and by the time available in the day to set specific times for each to be accomplished.
- Be sure to plan for each hour as well as for each activity. Those who simply make a to do list are far more likely leave items unaccomplished at the end of the day than those who schedule out a time slot for each action or item on their to do list.
- Remember to keep some time slots specifically free of planned activities so as to allow for some leeway throughout the day.
- After scheduling out each activity that needs to be accomplished with an appropriate time slot given to fulfill that activity, one should plan how they will accomplish those activities that themselves require additional thought to complete.
- After planning, one should set realistic but reaching goals for themselves on what they will accomplish in the coming day.